Job description: Site Supervisor, Bush Regeneration
Due to expansion, Bushland Management Services (BMS) are looking for a Site Supervisor to join the team.
The National Trust is Australia’s pioneering Natural Area Restoration NGO and its BMS Division has been in continuous operation for over 45 years.
BMS provides a range of services to public and private landowners who require quality expertise in managing conservation of bushland and biodiversity in the Greater Sydney region. The goal of the BMS team is to advocate and implement best practice methods for natural area restoration and management of our natural areas.
Applicants must have a passion for bush regeneration and natural area restoration and have the experience and capacity to lead and develop their team to reach their full potential. You need to be competent in the use of technology, have a qualification in regeneration techniques and a desire to be the best in the business.
The National Trust values motivated staff and rewards them by:
- Offering professional opportunities for growth.
- Offering interesting and challenging projects in a supportive team environment.
- Actively encouraging employee feedback, initiative and ownership of projects.
- Offering great remuneration packages.
This is a rare opportunity to become part of the National Trust Bush Regeneration Team on a permanent basis.
What you’ve got – the essentials:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Cert III or Diploma in Conservation and Land Management.
- Thorough knowledge of indigenous and introduced plant species.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinking and creative problem-solving ability.
- Great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHS requirements and EEO principles.
- Great communication, client relationship and negotiation skills.
- The ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Physically fit for the inherent requirements of the role.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence (manual vehicle).
- Current Chemical Certificate AQF3.
- OHS Green/White Card.
- Tech savvy and ability to apply this knowledge to an android platform.
Also good to have – the desirables
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Positive attitude to work and ability to actively promote the services of the National Trust (NSW) to clients.
- Mechanically inclined.
If this role sound like the opportunity you have been looking for and you would like to work with a highly respected organisation with a rich history in natural area restoration and conservation, please send your resumes and a covering letter addressing the essentials to HR@nationaltrust.com.au .
Enquiries and a full job description call (02) 9258 0159 or email HR@nationaltrust.com.au.