Jointly vested in the Shire of Cunderdin and the National Trust of Western Australia, No 3 Pump Station is home to the Cunderdin Museum.
It was opened on 22 April 1902 with a ceremony to mark the arrival of water pumped from No 1 Pump Station in Mundaring.
After being replaced with an electric pump station in 1956, No 3 Pump Station was subsequently used as cement products factory (from 1964-68). It has been a local museum since 1973.
One of the Shire’s key attractions, the Cunderdin Museum includes information about the pump station and pipeline, along with an impressive display of farm equipment. Run by volunteers, the museum brings to life the history of the Wheatbelt with a diverse range of memorabilia, photographs, story boards and household items.
Please note that the opening hours of the Cunderdin Museum are subject to change due to availability of volunteers. Visitors should call before visiting to avoid disappointment. See the Shire of Cunderdin website for more information