Job description: Marketing and Communications Director
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Job Type: Full-time
- Category: Business
- Sectors: Arts, Culture, Heritage
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Salary Package: $127.4k plus on-site parking in Sydney CBD
The National Trust (NSW) is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 75 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating for the protection, conservation of and celebration of our built, cultural and natural heritage. We provide opportunities for community education, engagement and appreciation of heritage through interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging.
The National Trust is seeking an experienced Director, Marketing and Communications, responsible for developing and implementing a results-driven marketing and communications strategy in line with the organisation’s Strategic Plan (2020 – 2024). The director will play a key role in driving the organisation’s audience engagement strategy, brand communications and public affairs to increase awareness, exposure and revenue generation for the National Trust.
This is a hands-on, end-to-end marketing communications role, which delivers across four primary areas:
- Brand – Print, Digital and on site.
- Marketing – Property brand positioning, visitation, events, membership and fundraising and other commercial opportunities (where relevant).
- Communications – Print, Online, Publications and Public Relations. This role is the chief media liaison for the organisation.
- Major event delivery, including the Australian Heritage Festival and National Trust Heritage Awards in NSW.
The right candidate for this role will have outstanding people skills and a proven ability to work across multiple stakeholders, including volunteers. You need to be invested in the vision of the National Trust, able to combine your marketing savvy with great communication skills and are results driven with a strong people-centric ethos. Senior level work experience is a must, preferably in either the tourism, cultural or not-for-profit sectors.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaboratively managing marketing and communications initiatives across National Trust (NSW) Departments, volunteer committees and properties in line with locally managed budgets and targets that increase the diversity and reach of visitor audiences across tourism and event channels, and the potential of revenue generation generally.
- Proactively working with staff and volunteer event organisers to develop and deliver a state-wide calendar of events and storytelling opportunities.
- Managing the delivery of the Australian Heritage Festival, the National Trust Heritage Awards and the Trust Talks series of podcasts.
- Directing the National Trust (NSW)’s proactive and reactive public relations and public affairs strategy with the Chief Executive Officer and Director, Conservation.
- Directing the editorial, creative, print production and distribution of the quarterly NSW National Trust Magazine, the Annual Report and corporate communications.
- Leading and managing a team to deliver a monthly program of digital content marketing and communications that service the brand, properties, volunteer committees and advocacy objectives of the National Trust (NSW).
- Commitment to promoting the aspirations of the National Trust in ways which are relevant to the broader community, ensuring the brand is recognised, respected and embraced by all cultures.
You will be a highly organised communicator with a proven track record of delivering significant improvements to an organisation’s Marketing and Communications, leading to an increase in revenue streams. You must be able to drive strategic plans from ideas to reality and have an ability to put knowledge into action.
You will also have:
- High levels of personal enthusiasm, commitment to and involvement in the work of the National Trust (NSW), including engagement in weekend and evening activities if required.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and the ability to communicate and engage with all levels of the organisation, especially volunteers.
- A mix of clarity in planning, collaborative and inspirational team leadership with the ability to provide feedback constructively and with immediacy in a busy environment.
- Strong adaptability and problem solving capabilities, with an impeccable level of attention to detail and the ability to be responsive to the needs of the organisation, its leadership and the media and act as a spokesperson when required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- The ability to be professional and remain calm under pressure.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications, PR or related field.
- Senior level work experience (min 5 years) in marketing and communications, preferably in the tourism, cultural or not-for-profit sector.
- Class C driver’s license and a willingness to travel to the various regional properties
If this sounds like a challenge you’re ready to explore, please contact HR or 02 9258 0159 or email HR@nationaltrust.com.au for a full job description.
All applications should include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Accountabilities in the job description.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the key accountabilities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: COB Friday 16 April 2021