The Mill Manager’s House is a residential building and, with its picturesque outlook over the Brook and forest, lends itself to low-impact uses such as short-stay accommodation, bed and breakfast, low-impact hospitality, tourism or creative industries.
No 1 Mill is a robust industrial building with large open spaces suitable for a range of activities from boutique joinery to tourism. Consideration of the potential impact of noise and dust on nearby residential communities is essential.
Both places are listed as Special Use under the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale Town Planning Scheme, which includes a broad range of approved and discretionary uses that have been considered previously. Any proposed use will be subject to council approval.
Expressions of interest may be submitted for either or both places and the National Trust will consider the proposals against criteria such as financial sustainability, heritage impact and community benefit. Proposals that include consideration of, and a response to, the heritage values of the places will be favourably considered.
Expressions of Interest are to be submitted to the National Trust on or before 5pm Tuesday, 5 March 2019 and should include the following details:
- Name of the proponent(s), business address and relevant contact details
- Details of any proposed team members, consultants/ contractors
- Details of the proposed use of the place and any anticipated impact on heritage values
- Business case
- Details of proposed lease terms including but not limited to:
- promote the heritage significance of the site
- provide opportunities for community access and engagement
- length of the desired lease
- extent of lease
- proposed rental fee
- any other relevant terms and conditions
- names and contact details of three referees who have had recent dealings with the proponents
- level of insurances and name of the company that holds the policy
Mill Manager’s House Expression of Interest
No 1 Mill Expression of Interest
Frequently Asked Questions
Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale Economic Development Strategy
Jarrahdale has been identified as the centrepiece of the Shire of Serpentine-Jarrahdale 2018-2020 Tourism Strategy. The Shire, through the strategy, has identified tourism as essential to the region’s growth and are seeking to develop the Mill into a major tourism strategy. Learn more about the Shire’s plans.
There will be an Open Day at the Mill Managers House on Saturday, 9 February 2019 between 1pm – 3pm
For further information contact the National Trust: