Architect, Hector Abrahams, will speak about Blackett Sons and their legacy. Presented by the Anglican Parish of Hunters Hill and the National Trust Vienna Cottage Committee.
The Figtree Chapel was the first church in Hunters Hill. William Weaver, who had been an assistant to Edmund Blackett, and William Kemp who was Blacketts first articled pupil, were engaged as architects for the project. It was opened in 1859 at the corner of Church and Joubert Streets. In 1962 the building was moved to Figtree Road to make way for the new Figtree Bridge and Expressway. It was then renamed St Marks.
The talk will be preceded by a recital on the Kinloch organ. Refreshments will be served at the end of the talk.
For enquiries and bookings please call 98161794 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.