Visit an array of spectacular private town and country gardens, during the height of their spring glory, around Orange in Central West NSW.
Enjoy a weekend visiting a colourful range of glorious cool climate country gardens in all their spring splendour at this National Trust (NSW) Women’s Committee event.
Including historic, recently restored “Boree Cabonne Homestead”. Sited on a hill with views across rolling fertile countryside towards Mount Canobolas, the old plantings and gardens have been carefully refreshed by the new and interesting species chosen to flourish in the current climate conditions.
The visit will comprise of a stunning variety of gardens in both town and country of great charm and diversity, some of important historic significance and all loved and tendered by their owners to the highest standard.
Choose from two ticket types:
- 2 Day pass (SOLD OUT): Weekend garden visit to eight gardens from 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm on Saturday 4 – Sunday 5 November 2023.
- 3 Day pass (SOLD OUT): Rosedale Farm visit (1-4pm, Friday) and weekend garden visits on Friday 3 November – Sunday 5 November. ‘Rosedale Farm’ is a significant Orange district landmark that has been restored and reimagined by its owners over the past eight years. Visit three intimate town gardens dearly loved and tended by their owners with great flair and creativity.
Add to your experience:
- Optional light lunch of sandwiches, fruit, cake, tea and coffee at Nashdale Public School available
Coach Journey (SOLD OUT)
Hop aboard a comfortable coach journey from Friday 3 November – Sunday 5 November 2023.
Includes access to eleven gardens, accommodation at the four star Mercure Orange, transport and the following meals:
Friday 3 November
- Departs from Central Station
- Lunch – Miss Traill’s House, Bathurst – light lunch and tour of the house
- Dinner – Robin Hill Hotel, Orange – 2 courses main and dessert, tea and coffee
Saturday 4 November
- Lunch – Nashdale Public School, Nashdale – light lunch
- Dinner – Nile Street Cafe, Orange – 2 courses main and dessert, tea and coffee
Sunday 5 November
- Lunch – Sunday roast with dessert, Railway Hotel, Spring Hill
- Returns to Central Station
Details of the gardens to visit will be provided to ticketholders before the event.
Uneven terrain may be experienced, it’s recommended participants consider this before booking.
|2 Day Pass – Members||SOLD OUT||SOLD OUT|
|2 Day Pass – Non-Members||SOLD OUT||SOLD OUT|
|3 Day Pass – Members||SOLD OUT||N/A|
|3 Day pass – Non-Members||SOLD OUT||N/A|
|Light lunch at Nashdale Public School||SOLD OUT||Included|
Contact Jane Griffiths on (02) 93632401 or email email@example.com
Get involved with the National Trust (NSW)
Become a member and enjoy many benefits including access to special heritage places in Australia and in over 60 countries. Subscribe to our eNews for the latest heritage news, special offers and events.