Visit an array of spectacular private town and country gardens, during the height of their spring glory, around Orange in Central West NSW.
Enjoy a weekend visiting a colourful range of glorious cool climate country gardens in all their spring splendour, proudly brought to you by the National Trust (NSW) Women’s Committee.
Including historic, recently restored “Boree Cabonne Homestead”. Sited on a hill with views across rolling fertile countryside towards Mt. Canobalas, the old plantings and gardens have been carefully refreshed by the new and interesting species chosen to flourish in the current climate conditions.
The visit will comprise of a stunning variety of gardens in both town and country of great charm and diversity, some of important historic significance and all loved and tendered by their owners to the highest standard.
Join the tour running of eight gardens from 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 4pm on Saturday 4 – Sunday 5 November 2023.
Add to your experience:
- Optional tickets available for a visit to four hectare ‘Rosedale Farm’ a significant Orange district landmark, restored and reimagined by its owners over the past eight years. Visit three intimate town gardens dearly loved and tended by their owners with great flair and creativity
- Optional light lunch of sandwiches, fruit, cake, tea and coffee at Nashdale Public School available
Hop aboard a comfortable coach journey from on Friday 3 November – Sunday 5 November 2023.
Includes access to eleven gardens, accommodation at the four star Mercure, Orange, transport and meals:
Friday 3 November
- Lunch – Miss Traill’s House, Bathurst – light lunch and tour of the house
- Dinner – Robin Hill Hotel, Orange – 2 courses main and dessert, tea and coffee
Saturday 4 November
- Lunch – Nashdale Public School, Nashdale – light lunch
- Dinner – Nile Street Cafe, Orange – 2 courses main and dessert, tea and coffee
Sunday 5 November
- Lunch – Sunday roast with dessert, Railway Hotel, Spring Hill
Details of the gardens to visit will be provided to ticketholders before the event.
Uneven terrain may be experienced, it’s recommended participants consider this before booking.
|National Trust Members||$150||$995 (Twin Share) or $1085 Single Supplement|
|Non-Members||$175||$1085 (Twin Share) or $1175 Single Supplement|
|Rosedale Farm visit – Member||$50||N/A|
|Rosedale Farm visit – Non-Member||$60||N/A|
|Light lunch at Nashdale Public School||$25||Included|
Purchase self-drive ticket(s) – Book by 27 October
Purchase coach journey ticket(s) – Book by 19 October
Contact Jane Griffiths on (02) 93632401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get involved with the National Trust (NSW)
Become a member and enjoy many benefits including access to special heritage places in Australia and in over 60 countries. Subscribe to our eNews for the latest heritage news, special offers and events.