Members are invited to the National Trust (NSW)'s Extraordinary General Meeting.
The revision of the Rules is transformative, ensuring the National Trust keeps pace with changes caused by technology advancements, the pandemic and other factors.
The proposed amendments proactively respond to legal, philanthropic and digital changes including:
- alignment to the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC) governance requirements;
- better connection with members, through technology and virtual meetings, enabling AGM participation state-wide
- voting rights for volunteers with complimentary membership (gained through hours worked);
- diversity on the Trust board by providing members with an understanding of the skills and experience of current and potential directors. This includes a requirement that the Treasurer have accounting qualifications or equivalent;
- committee flexibility with the ability to select the number of executive positions.
Afterwards, enjoy drinks and canapés, plus a special viewing of the original 1960s AMP building architectural model as part of the Visions of Sydney Cove exhibition.
To attend please RSVP online via Eventbrite and present your ticket on entry. If the EGM reaches capacity or ‘sold out’, please email Aly McAuliffe at email@example.com to be placed on the wait list.
Please bring your membership card with you.
The S.H. Ervin Gallery has wheelchair access and free car parking for members.