Two of the three houses to be viewed today are on Telegraph Road, named for the telegraph line, laid in 1870, linking Castle Hill and the Barrenjoey Customs Station.
Once the North Shore railway line was opened in 1891 many businessmen bought parcels of land and proceeded to build large homes.
“Coppins” is one of the last houses designed by Walter Burley Griffin (1936) before he departed Australia. Coppins has been restored, is surrounded by extensive gardens and is now on the State Heritage List. Likewise “Caidmurra”, designed by Spain and Cosh in 1906, exemplifies the detailed architecture of the era; it is surrounded by large gardens and has views to the city. Renata, built in the 1930s as a two bedroom, single storey cottage, it has been transformed by its present owners to add space and create a balanced design of rare symmetry, all set in a garden for all seasons.
Cost: Members Only $38.00 Youth (12-20yrs) $20.00
Enquiries: (02)9363 2401 or