Gateway to the Hunter Valley, the districts of Cessnock and Pokolbin bask in diversity.
In the early days of settlement timber getting, agriculture and the discovery of coal brought population and prosperity to the area. Pokolbin is the centre of the Lower Hunter Valley Wine region where the production of world class wines has encouraged a flourishing tourist industry. Within easy reach of Sydney and Newcastle the picturesque countryside provides the perfect backdrop for weddings, conference, large scale entertainments, golf, wine tasting or simply the perfect place for a relaxing getaway. With many excellent restaurants and the beautiful Hunter Valley Gardens, the area offers something for everyone. The visit covers a wide range of private homes embracing the latest ecological advances.
- Please note there is no photography, no large bags and no children under the age of 12 years. Some country surfaces are uneven, weekend for sure footed visitors only.
Looking at Architecture is a long-running highly successful initiative of the Women’s Committee, open to National Trust members with pre-booked tickets (who are permitted to secure tickets for two friends), offering the privilege of visiting seven private properties.
- $85 National Trust Members
- $105 Friends (only two per Member)
- $25 Youth (12 – 20 years)
(Members may bring two friends.)
- Viewings of seven private properties in the Cessnock and Pokolbin area
Separate bookings are required for people wishing to go to these events:
- Friday Night Wine Tasting – *SOLD OUT*
- Saturday Light Lunch – $19 per person [tickets are limited]
- BOOK ONLINE
- Ticket Application Sheet
All cancellations must be made three weeks prior to departure. Book tickets by 9 October 2019. For more information please call 9363 2401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note there is also a Coach Tour option for this Country Weekend. Details here.