With the arrival of Governor Ralph Darling in 1824, the land until then known by aboriginal people as "Yarranabbi", was renamed Mrs Darlings Point, in honour of the Governor's wife Elizabeth. Later many fine residences were built on ample acreage, some leading directly to the waterfront and harbour views.The 20th century saw the arrival of high rise apartments, mostly on the crest but not always.
The three houses today show very differing styles. One is a late Victorian -1876 – castellated, Gothic revival mansion;
one built almost a century later as a duplex is now converted to a spacious family home and the third is a winner of the prestigious Wilkinson Award for contemporary, international architecture.
Members (Only) $35.00
Youth (16-20yrs) $20.00
02 9363 2401