Join the Friends of Grossmann House and our guide Wayne Campbell, for a walk around the Lochinvar Historic Precinct.
Among the buildings of interest are the Catholic church and convent, the Anglican church and rectory, and the police station. The walk will finish with refreshments at Holbeach House, built in 1840 as a coach station by Henry Nowland of Muswellbrook, who ran coaches between Morpeth and Moreton Bay. In 1850 Holbeach House operated as the Cross Keys Hotel, and since 1858 it has been a private home. Holbeach House also has connections with Johannes Wenz, one of the first German vinedressers brought out by the Macarthur family in 1838. Some uneven street walking.
02 49344314 or email@example.com