The Naval Historical Society of Australia will take Trust members on a guided walking tour of the historic sites of Garden Island which are normally off limits to the public.
The Island was first used as a garden after the arrival of the First Fleet in 1788 then in 1859 was gazetted as a Naval Depot. By 1890 the Victorian dockyard was joined to the mainland and by 1945 the Captain Cook graving dock was completed.
The tour will operate in all weather conditions.
A light morning tea/refreshments will be served at the conclusion of the tour.
Meet at Circular Quay Wharf 4 no later than 9.50 am (Ferry leaves at 9.59am) Ferry ticket not included.
This tour has a limit of 24 people – Bookings essential
Tour leader/Enquiries Deborah Debnam 0417 433 306