The Naval Historical Society of Australia will take Trust members on a guided walking tour of the historic sites of Garden Island which are normally off limits to the public.
The Island was first used as a garden after the arrival of the First Fleet in 1788 then in 1859 was gazetted as a Naval Depot. By 1890 the Victorian dockyard was joined to the mainland and by 1945 the Captain Cook graving dock was completed.
The tour will operate in all weather conditions.
A light morning tea/refreshments will be served at the conclusion of the tour.
Meet at Circular Quay (Wharf to be advised) no later than 9.50 am (Ferry leaves at 9.59am) Ferry ticket not included.
This tour has a limit of 24 people – Bookings essential
Tour leader/Enquiries Deborah Debnam 0417 433 306