Do you care about Canberra’s heritage? This is your opportunity to hear and question candidates.
This is a prime opportunity for Political Parties to outline their proposed Heritage policies and initiatives for the next term of government. Presentations will be made by:
|ACT Labor (Mr Gentleman)||ACT Liberal – (Alistair Coe)||ACT Greens – (Veronica Wensing)|
|Canberra Community Voters Party (Richard Farmer)||Independent – Marea Fatseas|
Each speaker will make a presentation (approx. 15mins) and there will be a general Q&A session.
Issues, which NT(ACT) considers to be important include:
- Heritage Listing of Lake Burley Griffin and foreshores and Master Management Plans
- Government approval of National Heritage Listing for Canberra
- Redevelopment of Yarralumla Brickworks and Manuka Oval
- Development of Conservation Management Plans for Heritage Housing Precincts
- Introduction of Operational Assistance Funding for Peak Heritage/History/Conservation Bodies
- Development of a new Heritage/History/Conservation hub near Blundell’s Cottage Site
- Development of a History and Heritage Tourism Plan
- Conduct of a Social and Economic Impact Study of the Heritage and History sector
- A review of Planning policy and processes – Ministerial call-in powers and Standing community organisations when appealing to ACAT
- Introduction of Local/territory classifications of heritage significance in the ACT