Test your detective skills this Easter with our treasure trail in the grounds of Old Government House.
You’re off on an expedition to discover where ‘X’ should mark the spot on a map of the Old Government House Grounds. Follow the directions around the grounds and collect a piece of ‘treasure’ at each check-point. As you go, plot your course on your map of Old Government House and determine where the final ‘X’ should be placed. Will you uncover the correct location?
Finished maps can be taken to the shop to claim a special piece of treasure – a colour scratch paper Easter egg to take home. The surface can be scratched away to reveal a rainbow pattern underneath or just part of it can be removed to create intricate designs. A map of Old Government House, directions and all materials will be provided for this activity.
After completing the trail, families are invited to view the Enquiring Minds exhibition upstairs including the interactive map of routes taken by explorer John Oxley when he ventured from Parramatta over the Blue Mountains.
Finish your historical day out with a trip to the new Paperbank Playground also in Parramatta Park with plenty to keep the little ones busy including a large climbing dome, swings, a merry-go-round, musical instruments and much more.
- Please note this is an outdoor activity and weather dependent. We recommend wearing sturdy shoes and bringing along a hat if it is sunny.
- We also recommend this activity for children 5 years and over.
- Please allow 30 minutes for the activity.
- Tickets: Normal admission applies for entry to the property and exhibition (details below). Timed session tickets are available to book via Eventbrite one month in advance.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.