Beaumont House ‘Bishop Short Open Day’

Celebrating the 150th Anniversary of the laying of the foundation stone at St Peters Cathedral, there will be a display of Bishop Augustus Short’s life at Beaumont House.

Beaumont House is a State Heritage listed property built in 1849 by Augustus Short, the first Anglican Bishop of Adelaide, and after, the home of Sir Samuel Davenport, politician, horticulturist & pioneer of the olive oil industry in SA. The house has a distinctive Mediterranean character with an open brickwork parapet in soft terracotta colours and a central flat roof originally accessed by a staircase. The NTSA Burnside Branch offer guided tours.

Cost: Adult $15, incl afternoon tea

 

Contact Us

Beaumont House

631 Glynburn Rd Beaumont

Burnside@nationaltrustsa.org.au

Chris Perriam, 0468 866 492

Contact

Sitewide contact form
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Related content