Woodlands: The story of Ethel Turner & Seven Little Australians
A full day Open House where this private residence is usually closed off from public viewing. The event shall feature literary speakers and historians who will share their discourse on the legacy of Ethel Turner and her contribution to early Australian literature. Go back into the past to 1890s!
A fun-filled day for the whole family to
1) Visit the place where Ethel lived and worked on her books. Go back in time as the place is now restored as a time-capsule to the pre-Federation and Federation times
2) Listen to literary and historical experts on Ethel’s contribution to Australian literature
3) Immerse in the lush garden which charts Ethel’s life from being a British-born to full-fledged fair dinkum Australian
4) Enjoy the wall art of artist in Ethel’s time who weren’t recognised in their times
5) Musical performances, painting and story-telling competition shall intersperse throughout the day