Uniting Church Open Morning
Step inside the oldest surviving Church in Bridgetown and former Methodist Church, constructed of local stone in a Federation Gothic style.
The Church will stay open after their regular Sunday service for the open morning and morning tea. All welcome.
The foundation stone was laid by Mrs WAG Walter of Ford House, a grand-daughter of John Septimus Roe on 26 December 1898. At that time it was reported that it would be the first permanent church to be erected in Bridgetown. The Uniting Church was also used as a meeting place of the Bridgetown Lodge of Freemasons prior to the construction of the Bridgetown Masonic Lodge.
Come and learn about the history of one of Bridegtown’s beautiful buildings in the South West of WA.