Truganina Explosives Reserve Family Open Day
Open Day at the historic Truganina Explosives Reserve
Presented by Truganina Explosives Reserve Preservation Society and Inner West Branch of the National Trust
The Truganina Explosives Reserve was the Victorian Government storage and distribution facility for civilian-use explosives from 1901 to 1962. Today Hobsons Bay City Council manages 40 ha of the original site and is establishing most of the area as a nature reserve. The site also has two historic residences, various outbuildings, and ornamental gardens, which have been restored and enhanced by a dedicated team of volunteers since 2015.