The Bligh Museum of Pacific Exporation
A specialised collection relating to exploration in the South Pacific.
The building constructed in 1954 with some 26,000 hand made bricks brought from the convict kiln at Variety Bay, North Bruny Island. The foundation stone was laid on the 200th anniversary of Captain William Bligh’s birth ie 9th September 1954. On display are maps, documents, paintings and artefacts recalling the visits to Adventure Bay of explorers such as Furneaux, Cook, Bligh and others.