Stories from Linnwood – 1891 to Now
Linnwood is a NSW State Heritage Listed house (1891) on 5 hectares at Guildford. The house will be open on 2 days with a presentation on the story of Linnwood, together with displays of local and historic interest. Devonshire tea provided and visitors are free to roam the house and grounds.
Feel free to wander through this 1891 house, built on the ‘grand’ scale, and admire the stained and leadlight glass throughout (believed to have been made by Goodlet & Smith).
Reflections from some of the former “Lynwood Hall” girls who resided at Linnwood as state wards;
Large collection of pottery by Nell McCredie (niece of George McCredie who built Linnwood). Nell was one of the first female architects to graduate from Sydney University in 1923 who then turned her hand to pottery;
Scale model of the former Goodyear factory at Granville, with some history and photos;
Photographic display of the early days of Guildford, including the Guildford Road Project – how the main thoroughfare has changed over the years.
Stories behind some of the donations given to Linnwood.
Rolling Powerpoint presentation – “The History of Linnwood” as well as a photographic display of its story through the years.
Bookings essential for Devonshire tea catering purposes.