Southern Highlands, Autumn House & Garden Inspections
Inspect three fantastic properties in the height of autumn, chosen for their beauty, difference and charm. This special self-drive guided tour visits properties not usually open to the public and includes morning tea and lunch. All beautiful, they'll impress you with modern adaptions of their heritage origins.
Proudly led by the Southern Highlands Branch, Autumn House & Garden Inspections will give you exclusive access to three stunning private properties in the Wingecarribee Shire. All beautiful, they’ll impress you with modern adaptions of their heritage origins.
Event begins at 10:30am in Burradoo with good street parking.
1. 10:30am – Banyula – a beautifully modernised house designed for leisure. The garden has outstanding trees for autumn colour. Morning tea and briefings to begin and maps for each property are provided.
2. 12pm – near Exeter – (main house will not be open). A substantial property with an early garden and fabulous important trees. Numerous garden “rooms” amongst lakes and expansive lawns, updated recently. We’ll have a light lunch with wine in the barn plus garden seating in the parterre if weather is fine.
3. 2pm – in Bundanoon – a stylish 10 yo house and part of a 90 year old estate. Built at the Central Coast to the architect-owner’s brief, trucked in 3 modules and assembled on site by crane. An elegant mid-century style interior is beautiful and spacious with window-walls bringing the garden into every room. The property has many old trees amid a wildly beautiful walk around the 1930’s dam.
- This is a self-driven tour.
- A short history of each property will be available to visitors on arrival at the first stop “Banyula”, with morning tea.
- We expect our property owners will be in attendance and invariably enjoy responding to questions about their property history and enjoy telling their story.
*There is about 18 minutes country driving between Burradoo and Exeter and then a further 12 minutes to Bundanoon. Access to the M31 motorway north is 18 minutes from Bundanoon.