J. J. Paine Trophy
The J. J. Paine Trophy celebrates the first golf played in Windsor at Gosper's Paddock in 1905. Research suggests the practice area and adjacent land at nearby Rum Corps Barracks Golf Course is Gosper's Paddock.
This 9 hole heritage golf event is jointly coordinated by the Windsor Country Golf Club, the Hawkesbury Historical Society and the Australian Golf Heritage Society.
• Players will use pre-1940 hickory shafted clubs (loan sets available).
• Players are encouraged to wear “period clothing”.
• Check-in 8:30am, morning tea from 8:45am and hit off from 9:30am.
• Lunch followed by a history talk to follow and presentation of prizes.
• The event will be individual stableford with prizes for the best scratch score, best handicap scores for men and women and Best Dressed.
• The fee for green fees, morning tea and lunch will be $40, lunch only $20.
• Golf bookings via the Pro Shop (4577 3718) by 1 May. Those wishing to attend the lunch should book with the Club Office (4577 4390) by 4 May.