Hassall Family Reunion: Build Your History – Know Your Hassalls
A once in a generation opportunity to learn about the Hassall family’s role in Australia in since the arrival of Rowland and Elizabeth in Sydney in 1798. Tours to Hassall heritage sites, family networking, sessions on genealogy, keynote lectures on family history.
ANU historian Niel Gunson said at the Hassall family’s 1998 reunion: “The Hassalls are one of the great representative families of Australia…, they have participated, often silently, in the momentous events that have shaped our national identity and their name has a permanent place in the annals of Australian achievement.”
The four day program, May 5th-8th 2023, includes:
• An opening reception with the Mayor of Parramatta (May 5th)
• a full day at the Thomas Hassall Anglican College at Middleton Grange (May 6th),
• an historical walk through Parramatta, St John’s Cemetery, and a service at St John’s Cathedral (May 7th),
• visits to Hassall heritage sites in Camden, Windsor, and O’Connell Plains (May 5th & 8th).
• The pageant “The Triple Wedding” which introduces Rowland and Elizabeth’s 8 children.
• keynote addresses on the significance of the Hassall heritage, plus
• opportunities to learn more about genealogy, family research, and transcription.