Family History Writing Workshop
Learn how to write up all that research you've done on your family into a record your family will love to read.
As part of its Heritage Festival the City of Canning is hosting a free one-day workshop to help you turn your family history research into stories for others to enjoy. The workshop will cover:
- How to work out the format and structure of your stories
- What to include and what to leave out
- How to make your ancestors come to life on the page
- Writing beginnings and endings
The workshop includes:
- Learning materials
- Individual and group activities
The presenter for the day is Rhuwina Griffiths, professional ghostwriter and life story mentor.
Please note: Morning and afternoon tea is provided BUT bring your own lunch as we will only be breaking for 30 minutes. Feel free to bring along your laptop or notebook. Bookings are essential, so register your place today. Any queries to Geoff Moor, heritage officer on 9231 0627.