Discover the Wondrous Gems of John Cyril Hawes
Discover the wondrous Arts and Crafts-inspired gems of John Cyril Hawes. Tour San Spirito Chapel and The Hermitage, experience the peace and tranquility of the Cathedral Crypt, hear the story of the search for the remains of Bishop Kelly, finishing with refreshments at The Irish Club.
Join us on a wondrous journey of discovery of cultural heritage.
On this exclusive guided coach tour, you will encounter:
- The cloistered courtyard of Nazareth House with a Devonshire afternoon tea
- The plain modernist San Spirito Chapel with its richly detailed interior and the unused tomb of John Hawes
- The charming English cottage-styled Hermitage now in use as historic short-stay accommodation
- The magnificence of St Francis Xavier Cathedral and its underground crypt
- The burial place of Bishop William Kelly and the story of its discovery
- The heavenly sounds of the cathedral pipe organ
- The tolling of Australia’s largest carillon of church bells
Complete the experience with a touch of Irish charm and hospitality at Hawes’ simple St Patrick’s Church, now repurposed as the Midwest Irish Club where you will be served a complimentary drink and light refreshments.