Ben Lomond Ski Village
Ben Lomond takes its name from the Scottish mountain of the same name and was given by Colonel Paterson who founded the first European settlement in Northern Tasmania in 1804. The Northern Tasmanian Alpine Club was formed in 1929 and constructed a chalet “Carr Villa”. The Australian National Ski Championships were held at the site in 1955. Always open, weather permitting.