As the river port of Melbourne boomed during the 1850s, a series of bluestone warehouses were constructed at the bottom end of King Street.
They were constructed between 1854 and 1857 for ship owners, coal merchants and ironmongers servicing the port. In the next 30 years more warehouses and industrial buildings were added that together formed a remarkably consistent streetscape.
Click here for Classification Details of 22-24 King Street
Click here for Classification Details of 40-44 King Street